During spring tortellini in broth can be not so ideal. As temperature gets warmer it is better to choose simple recipes, fresh and delicate, able to truly highlight the season.
An example? have you ever tried tortellini with cream, cooked ham and fresh peas? It is a creamy and delicate gravy, perfect for enhancing the Tortellini filling. Let’s get started!
How to make Tortellini with ham, peas and cream
Ingredients for 4 people
- 500g of Tortellini Modena Pasta Fresca Rossi
- 1 onion
- 200ml of fresh milk cream
- 100g of cooked ham
- 150g of fresh peas
- Extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper and Parmigiano Reggiano to taste
- Take a pot with salty water and put it on the heat. Peel the peas and cook them in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Mince the onion finely and add it in a pan to sautéed with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Add the peas and cooked ham diced.
- Cook for some minutes, turn off the heat and add the milk cream. Stir and season with salt and pepper.
- Now, in the water where you have already cooked the peas, add the tortellini Modena and cook for 1 minute, drain and add them to the gravy, mixing all the ingredients.
- Serve the Tortellini with a sprinkle of Parmigiano Reggiano for a full taste!